11.23.2010

Recent ETSY Purchase





By now most of y'all know how I feel about ETSY!  I love this site.  It saved me for my wedding and my sister's baby shower.  It truly is my favorite and most shopped site.

Last night I received my most recent ETSY purchase.  A vintage find, Steamboat Gothic by Frances Parkinson Keyes.  I purchased this beauty from the seller, Vintage Book Boutique.  I've been into locating any vintage books about Louisiana and this one was a great discovery, mainly because of its drawings.

Here's one description I found on the Internet:  "In Lucy he found a woman with passion to match his own and a love strong enough to tame him."

With a description like that, hell, who wouldn't want to read this book?!

The book itself is beautiful though.  The binding is in tack, the pages are discolored and yellow from wear and likely sitting on a library shelf somewhere.  And it smells heavenly...just like an old, quiet library.

I'm currently on the lookout for other Keyes novels, in particular, Once On Esplanade: A Cycle Between Two Creole Weddings is a fictionalized biography, originally written for teenage girls, of the Creole woman who provided Keyes with much of her understanding of Creole life between the Civil War and the First World War.

In case you're wondering, the guest bedroom is finito and ready for Justine Parker's (my grandmother) standards...I hope.  Will post pics soon.  Maybe today, if all goes well.

2 comments:

  1. Now that I know you love vintage books I will look around. If you really want to collect some hot steamy vintage Louisiana books look at Frank Yerby. OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may want to try Lafayette Antique Market for vintage LA books. They have a wide selection of antique books there.

    ReplyDelete