3.03.2011

Dilemma: Is it country?

So until I can blow out this wall in our master bedroom so I can build walk in closets, I'm left to deal with this built in dresser.



It desperately needs some hardware because pulling these open without some kind of knob or pull is dreadful.  So I purchase the beautiful brass cabinet pulls that I told you guys about here





And I had the bright idea to paint the drawers, to make 'em stand out a bit.

I decided to go with Martha Stewart Interior Paint in Seal, a rich dark grey.  I love it.



Here's a whole room in Seal.  I'm not that bold but I still love it.




I did a test run tonight and found myself with a dilemma.

Should I paint the wood in between the cabinets or leave them white?  I plan on leaving the trim white at the top and bottom but I think if I leave the wood between the drawers white, it'll look more country than chic.

Case in point:

Country

Not Country


Well, I can't speak for whatever else in going in this pic...but just focus on the painted woodwork.

Do you see what I'm saying?





So...to paint or not to paint?

WDYT?

On another note... MY HALLWAY RUNNER CAME IN TODAY!!!!  WOOHOO!!!






More of that to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment